About Spark Sustainability & our mission
70% of global greenhouse gas emissions stem from consumer choices, which means we are all part of the solution to stopping climate change. At Spark Sustainability, we make climate action easy. We connect climate-conscious individuals with companies that provide sustainable solutions to accelerate the shift towards a carbon neutral society.
Our mission is to enable 1 billion climate actions by 2025. This will result in a reduction of more than 100 billion kg of CO2, or roughly twice the annual emissions of Finland.
About our product
We are currently running an open beta testing of our app, The Donut, which lets users calculate their lifestyle emissions, gives them personalized tips on how to reduce them, and allows them to track their progress. We are preparing to launch the 1.0 version by the end of 2020.
Here’s what you’ll do and learn as part of the Spark team
As a lead developer at Spark Sustainability, you get the chance to develop an app that helps users make climate-smart decisions and reduce emissions. Your main job is to improve and iterate on the product so that it sparks action amongst users. The development process is very agile and rapid-testing based, which gives you plenty of opportunities to implement new ideas and try out different solutions, as well as drive future tech choices.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- Leading agile projects and product development
- An interest in utilising data on user behaviour to build the best possible app
- Capacity to support future employees in the development team
- Experience and/or interest in UX, UI or design is a bonus
What’s in it for you:
- You get to join a team of emission- and communication experts who are crazy enough to think they can change the world.
- You get to spend your days solving one of the biggest challenges of our time; climate change
- You get to work in a fast-paced environment, constantly learning new things and technologies
- As a Spark employee, you have the opportunity to become a part of the company’s option program
- Location: Helsinki (Maria 01)
- Type of employment: full-time
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to hearing about you and why you’re interested in joining our team!